There is an episode on Andy of Mayberry where Barney asks Andy, “How do you fight fire?” Andy replies, “You fight fire with a rubber hose.” Barney says no…”you fight fire with fire.”
Maybe the fiscal and social conservatives in the Republican Party have been fighting fire with fire too long. They are fighting fire on both sides. On the left they battle the democrats and on the right they battle republicans. What’s left is the smoldering heap our country is headed for.
Maybe it is time to change our tactics and fight fire with a “rubber hose”.
We have known for a long time the Republican Party platform does not completely agree with all conservatives, but it’s the closest thing to our ideals. The party then splits on ideology. Even though we are close on most ideas and beliefs we are apart on others, and some think if we can’t have it all, we want nothing. With that stubbornness in mind, some voters decide to stay home and not vote or they vote for a third party and we end up with a democrat in office. This scenario keeps repeating itself and we have what we have today, democrats controlling the senate and the oval office. If you are a democrat, it works out great! If you are not, what do you do? Complaining does not work, plus who wants to be around a complainer?
It’s time to take a few pages out of the democrat handbook:
- Page 1 - Always be thinking re-election.
- Page 2 - Never take responsibility for any failure.
- Page 3 - Blame it all on someone or something else.
- Page 4 - Never criticize your party or anyone in your party.
- Page 5 - Never resign your office.
- Page 6 - Always be thinking re-election
- Page 7 - Circle the wagons when the opposing party attacks your party and its ideas.
- Page 8 - Gear your speech to your audience.
- Page 9 - Never admit you are wrong.
- Page 10 - Keep repeating the same propaganda even if facts prove otherwise.
- Page 11 - Stop worrying about the national debt. It’s not your money anyway.
- Page 12 - Always be thinking re-election.
We have an administration in the oval office that has a new scandal almost every week and they still seem to be able to clean the republican’s clocks. Just this year we have had Benghazi, the IRS and an AP story on reporters. We have had foreign affairs fiascos, NSA spying and the national debt topping $17 trillion. Our allies do not know if they can depend on us and our enemies have no fear or respect. Here at home our economy keeps staggering along and unemployment is still high. Just recently we have seen the Obamacare rollout and Obama himself getting on television and saying he never said what we heard him say numerous times about keeping our current health care plans. We used to call them lies, but now, according to the New York Times the president misspoke. The media will run cover and the masses will believe it.
These stories have been about President Obama and Hillary Clinton. Both of these people campaigned for Terry McAuliffe for governor in Virginia, and he won! There is really no excuse.